Join the OHJA!
Anyone wishing to be considered for the OHJA year-end awards in all divisions.
- All Riders
- All Owners - as listed on the horse recording and as registered with Equestrian Canada. If a barn/farm, business, syndicate or partnership is registered owner a Director of that business must have an OHJA membership.
- All Lessees (if lease is registered with Equestrian Canada)
If you want to participate in any OHJA Development Programs such as:
- OHJA Young Hunter Development
- OHJA Young Jumper Provincial Bonus
- OHJA Jumper Medal
- OHJA Beginner/Low Hunter Stakes
- OHJA Jr/Am Handy Derbies
- OHJA Pony Power Series
- OHJA Super Jumper Weekends
- OHJA Hunter Special and Top Score Awards
- OHJA Clinics
- OHJA Seminars
Remember to join the OHJA prior to competing at your next horse show. No points for year end awards or qualifications for national championship show will be awarded without a current membership. In addition, competitors cannot be awarded points if they are competing on a temporary EC membership.
How to Join
All OHJA memberships are processed through Ontario Equestrian.
Memberships will have points accrued towards OHJA Year End Awards ONLY from the date of joining. Points may not be awarded retroactively as per Equestrian Canada rules and points cannot be awarded to those holding temporary memberships.
Voting at Meetings
* NOTE: The Constitution & By-law #2 of the Association permit voting at meetings, whether annual or special, by individual senior members who have paid a membership fee for the current year.
Types of OHJA Memberships
1. Individual Membership
$30.00 - All Professional, Junior and Amateur Riders; all Owners as listed in the Horse’s Passport/Horse Recording
Note: If the owner (as per the Passport/Horse Recording) is a Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate or Partnership, this entity must become an OHJA member.
A rider is classified as a Junior until the end of the calendar year in which they turn 18.
2. Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate, Partnership
$30.00 - Any of the above on title ownership of a horse must be a member. A Director of that business must also have an individual OHJA membership.
National Finals at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
All information regarding Royal Winter Fair (RAWF) qualifying criteria can be found on the Royal Winter Fair Horse Show page: www.royalfair.org.
All qualifying criteria is determined by the Royal Horse Show organizing committee and any questions should be directed to the Royal Winter Fair.
Questions about Horse Showing in Ontario?
Check out our handy OHJA Guidebook