Join the OHJA!
Late fees now in effect. Join today to avoid missing points early in the season.
Points cannot be awarded retroactively as per EC Rules.
Anyone wishing to be considered for the OHJA year-end awards in all divisions.
- All Riders
- All Owners - as listed on the horse recording and as registered with Equestrian Canada. If a barn/farm, business, syndicate or partnership is registered owner a Director of that business must have an OHJA membership.
- All Lessees (if lease is registered with Equestrian Canada)
If you want to participate in any OHJA Development Programs such as:
- OHJA Hunter Development
- OHJA Young Jumper Provincial Bonus
- OHJA Jumper Medal
- OHJA Beginner/Low Hunter Stakes
- OHJA Jr/Am Handy Derbies
- OHJA Pony Power Series
- OHJA Super Jumper Weekends
- OHJA Hunter Special and Top Score Awards
- OHJA Clinics
- OHJA Seminars
Remember to join the OHJA prior to competing at your next horse show. No points for year end awards or qualifications for national championship show will be awarded without a current membership. In addition, competitors cannot be awarded points if they are competing on a temporary EC membership.
How to Join
Join through OE
You may join the OHJA by including your membership with your OE membership.
Memberships will have points accrued towards OHJA Year End Awards ONLY from the date of joining. Points may not be awarded retroactively as per Equestrian Canada rules and points cannot be awarded to those holding temporary memberships.
NEW FOR 2019 – Venues are no longer able to accept OHJA memberships at the competition site. You may register and purchase your 2019 OHJA Membership online by logging into the OE site at www.ontarioequestrian.ca. Members can complete their membership application and show the office their confirmation immediately. Where the member is unable to complete their membership application online, they may complete the paper application and forward this application with full payment (cash, separate cheque or credit card payment info) to Ontario Equestrian to process through their member management and financial system. Please note that OHJA points will only count as of the date that their payment is processed by OE.
VOTING AT MEETINGS
* NOTE: The Constitution & By-law #2 of the Association permit voting at meetings, whether annual or special, by individual senior members who have paid a membership fee for the current year.
Types of OHJA Memberships
1. Individual Membership
$30.00 - All Professional, Junior and Amateur Riders; all Owners as listed in the Horse’s Passport
Note: If the owner (as per the passport) is a Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate or Partnership, this entity must become an OHJA member.
A rider is classified as a Junior until the end of the calendar year in which they turn 18.
2. Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate, Partnership
$30.00 - Any of the above on title ownership of a horse must be a member.
National Finals at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
Questions about Horse Showing in Ontario?
Check out our handy OHJA Guidebook