Join the OHJA!
Who Needs to be an OHJA Member?
Anyone wishing to be considered for the OHJA year-end awards in all divisions.
- All Riders
- All Owners - as listed on the horse recording and as registered with Equestrian Canada. If a barn/farm, business, syndicate or partnership is registered owner a Director of that business must have an OHJA membership.
- All Lessees (if lease is registered with Equestrian Canada)
If you want to participate in any OHJA Programs such as:
- OHJA Year End Awards
- OHJA Young Hunter Development Series and Final
- OHJA Jumper Medal Series and Final
- OHJA Beginner/Low Hunter Stakes
- OHJA Beginner/Low Hunter Classics
- OHJA High Point Rider Awards at the CHDS
- OHJA Pony Power Series and Final
- OHJA High Point Jumper Rider Bonuses
- OHJA Emerging Rider Hunter Medal Classes and Final
- OHJA Nation’s Cup Classes
- OHJA Jumper Stake Classes at the Ontario Jumper Championships
- OHJA Junior Ambassador Program
- OHJA Travel Grant
- OHJA Sportsmanship Award
Remember to join the OHJA prior to competing at your first horse show. No points for year end awards or qualifications for Finals show will be awarded without a current membership. In addition, competitors cannot be awarded points if they are competing on a temporary EC membership.
How to Join
All OHJA memberships are processed through Ontario Equestrian.
*NOTE – if you are from out of province and require an OHJA, you do not require an Ontario Equestrian membership. You must first purchase your own residence Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) membership and then contact Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org, who can assist you in obtaining an OHJA membership. Owners and riders of a horse/pony in competing in Ontario must have an OHJA membership to accumulate provincial points in Ontario and participate in OHJA programs.
Memberships will have points accrued towards OHJA Year End Awards ONLY from the date of joining. Points may not be awarded retroactively as per Equestrian Canada rules and points cannot be awarded to those holding temporary memberships or temporary horse recordings or passports.
Voting at Meetings
* NOTE: The Constitution & By-law #2 of the Association permit voting at meetings, whether annual or special, by individual senior members who have paid a membership fee for the current year.
Types of OHJA Memberships
1. Individual Membership
$75.00 - All Professional, Junior and Amateur Riders; all Owners as listed in the Horse’s Passport/Horse Recording
Note: If the owner (as per the Passport/Horse Recording) is a Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate or Partnership, this entity must also be an OHJA member.
A rider is classified as a Junior until the end of the calendar year in which they turn 18.
2. Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate, Partnership
$75.00 - Any of the above on title ownership of a horse must also be a member. A Director of that business must also have an individual OHJA membership.
National Finals at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
All information regarding Royal Winter Fair (RAWF) qualifying criteria can be found on the Royal Winter Fair Horse Show page: www.royalfair.org.
All qualifying criteria is determined by the Royal Horse Show organizing committee and any questions should be directed to the Royal Winter Fair.
Questions about Horse Showing in Ontario?
Check out our handy OHJA Guidebook