Join the OHJA! Join before March 31, 2018 to avoid late fees.
Anyone wishing to be considered for the OHJA year-end awards in all divisions.
- All Riders
- All Owners - as listed on the horse recording and as registered with Equestrian Canada. If a barn/farm, business, syndicate or partnership is registered owner a Director of that business must have an OHJA membership.
- All Lessees (if lease is registered with Equestrian Canada)
If you want to participate in any OHJA Development Programs such as:
- OHJA Hunter Development
- OHJA Young JumperSeries
- OHJA Jumper Medal
- OHJA Beginner/Low Hunter Stakes
- OHJA Jr/Am Handy Hunter Challenges
- OHJA Pony Power Series
- Young Riders Program
Remember to join the OHJA prior to competing at your next horse show. No points for year end awards or qualifications for national championship show will be awarded without a current membership. In addition, competitors cannot be awarded points if they are competing on a temporary EC membership.
How to Join
Please note! Due to the number of memberships presently in process at OE, you may experience a delay in receiving your membership card via e mail. Please be sure to contact OE prior to competition in order to verify that your membership is in process to avoid missing points earned at competitions.
Join through OE
You may join the OHJA by including your membership with your OEF membership.
Memberships will have points accrued towards OHJA Year End Awards ONLY from the date of joining. Points may not be awarded retroactively as per Equine Canada rules and points cannot be awarded to those holding temporary memberships.
VOTING AT MEETINGS
* NOTE: The Constitution & By-law #2 of the Association permit voting at meetings, whether annual or special, by individual senior members who have paid a membership fee for the current year.
Types of OHJA Memberships
1. Individual Membership
$30.00 - All Professional, Junior and Amateur Riders; all Owners as listed in the Horse’s Passport
Note: If the owner (as per the passport) is a Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate or Partnership, this entity must become an OHJA member.
A rider is classified as a Junior until the end of the calendar year in which they turn 18.
2. Barn/Farm, Business, Syndicate, Partnership
$30.00 - Any of the above on title ownership of a horse must be a member.
National Finals at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
Questions about Horse Showing in Ontario?
Check out our handy OHJA Guidebook