OHJA Equitation Programs
The Ontario Hunter Jumper Association (the OHJA) High Point Equitation Award is awarded to the rider with the highest number of points overall based on the point standings of the following for medal classes: OHJA, CET, Jump Canada, and Rider’s Habit/Grand Prix Junior at October 1st of the current year.
This Award will be presented at the year-end Awards Banquet .
Points will be totalled on October 1st using the OHJA points listing for the OHJA, JC and RH/GP Jr medals, and EC points the CET medal. Only points earned from January through September of the current year to count towards total.
The OHJA is pleased to offer the OHJA Jumper Medal Series over the course of the 2018 competition season.
This class is open to all Junior/Amateur riders with a current OHJA membership.
Height 1.10m to 1.15m with a time allowed. Regular Jumper Course with a posted Jump Off second round ride off for the top 4 riders.
- Jumper type course including a Liverpool, a double and a triple combination or 3 double combinations. Two of the following jumps will be included; wall, triple bar, skinny.
- Riders to be judged upon entering the ring.
- Exceeding the time allowed will incur 1 point deduction for each commenced second over the time allowed in both rounds. A knockdown will incur a four point penalty.
- Order of Go will be posted.
- All rounds will receive an open score.
- Each of the Top 4 scores to return for second round “jump Off” ride and will jump in original posted order (not based on scores).
- Second round, scores should reflect both equitation and jump off skills.
- The second phase of the class (jump off) may include inside/outside options, fences to be jumped on an angle, areas where competitors can gallop and lines that allow competitors to leave out a stride and or introduce a new line.
- Both rounds will be based on jumper equitation evaluation. Second round scores to be added to first round. Total score determines winner.
- All Jumper Tack permitted, no tack changes for second round.
- Ribbons to 8th.
OHJA Jumper Medal classes may be run at all Ontario Gold EC sanctioned competitions at their discretion. Please check each horse show program for availability.
OHJA Jumper Equitation Medal Finals
Presented by Bruno Delgrange
The 2018 OHJA Medal Finals will be held at Fall Finale held at the Caledon Equestrian Park during the OHJA Equitation Finals Weekend. Open to the top 20 riders in the current OHJA standings. There will be no entry fee for the finals however riders must submit an entry form to the horse show office. Class conditions at the Final will be consistent with the overall series with the exception that riders returning for the jump off round will return in reverse order of scores.
We are pleased to announce that in 2018 the winner of the finals will receive a Delgrange saddle generously donated by Bruno Delgrange Saddles, approximate retail value of $6,500 and a cooler courtesy of the OHJA. Second place will receive a $500 gift certificate, 3rd place will receive a $300 gift certificate and 4th place will receive a $200 gift certificate. Ribbons to 10th, medals to the top 3.
In addition, for 2018 the winning Coach/Trainier will receive $1,000 from the OHJA.
All 20 participants to receive a gift from the OHJA.
The overall OHJA Jumper Medal Series winner will be presented the Matthew Mulligan Year End Award at the OHJA banquet.
Results from the finals will not count towards the overall award. (EC Rule G113.)
Information coming soon....